Blend colours with corn flour or rice flour to break down the concentration of colour.
Mix correct colour match on a double white tissue and then do a swatch test on a piece of paste before applying to the finished product.
Black powder must be mixed to a liquid with a small amount of liquid to achieve true black and then added to the paste.
To colour paste dip paste in liquid, put a little petal based on your finger and then dip paste in powder colour. Work the powder colour into a small area to form a paste and then work it through the whole piece .
If paste becomes hard when colour is added to it, soften the paste by mixing a little egg white through it.
- Australian Flag Blue = blue, rose pink and Barney
- Deep Violet = Violet and Rubine add a little Ponceau red
- Blackcurrant = rose and Barney mix to shade required
- Orchid Green = 1/3 emerald, 2/3 lemon, hint of pearl and corn four
- Khaki Green = lime green and a hint of brown
- Flesh for Modelling People = flesh a little pale pink and a little peach
- Buttercup Yellow = 1/3 yellow and 2/3 lemon mixed with corn four
- Tinkerbelle Pink = pale pink and lilac
- Rust = brown, orange and a hint of yellow
- Old Fashioned Gold = equal quantities gold and silver
- Old Fashioned Rose + Rubine, pale pink and corn flour
- Champagne = gold, lemon, flesh and corn flour
- Teal Blue = lemon and turquoise