Helen Dissell & Gill Pope from Australia to South Africa
Helen Dissell & Gill Pope offer expert Cake Decoration & Sugar Art tuition, workshops and private lessons throughout Australia. They love training students for their National Certificates in Sugar Art, Sugar Paste, Pastilage, Royal Icing, Chocolate, Petit Fours and Patisserie.
Attention !!! Do Not Copy !!! All Sugar Art Creations Images On This Website Are Copyright Protected
Hi Helen ... if any of your students ever question what they’re learning please tell them that for me every single technique has been absolutely invaluable!!! more...
Our very popular Chocolate Course includes:
- Chocolate history and types of chocolate
- Working Couveture chocolate
- Tempering Couveture chocolate
- Making chocolate paste
- Making chocolate flowers, leaves and sprays
- Making chocolate collars
- Making and assembling gateaux
- Making chocolate curls
- Making chocolate decorations and more ...
The Basic Sugar Art Course includes familiarity with the equipment, and the importance of hygiene.
Basic cake and icing recipes, various problems that are encountered and how to resolve them.
- Children's cakes, novelty cakes
- Colour and its uses
- Tube work
- Borders, base and side decorations
- Simple embroidery and cornelli work
- Simple inscriptions
- Tube flowers and arrangement
- Sugar moulding and applications
- Piping jelly and rice paper painting
- Crimping and ribbon insertion
- Simple flood work
- Simple pictures in paste
- Basic frills i.e. Garret
- Marzipan modelling, fruit and animals
The Intermediate and Advanced Sugar Art Course includes advanced icing recipes, many problems that are encountered and how to resolve them.
- Fruit cakes, preparation of pans, baking, cutting and wrapping.
- Coating a cake or a dummy with royal icing and fondant.
- Tube work
- Hollow stem work
- Line work
- Lace and Filigree work
- Oriental string work
- Bridge and extension work
- Advanced embroidery
- Brush and Anglaise work.
- Figure piping
- Piping on tulle
- Cocoa butter painting
- Paste ribbon, frills, drapes and bows
- Clay gun work
- Flood work advanced and 3D collars
- Petit fours
- Moulded flowers
- Leaves and many more varieties of flowers
- Arranging of moulded flowers in a spray-formation, both wired and unwired.
We also have additional cake decorating tuition available in chocolate work and blown sugar work which includes chocolate paste, making flowers, chocolate collars, gateaux's and Ganaches as well as:
- Poured sugar
- Spun sugar
- Pulled sugar
- Blown sugar