NACC ABC Cake Decorating Part 1.
The Basic Sugar Art Course includes familiarity with the equipment, and the importance of hygiene. Basic cake and icing recipes, various problems that are encountered and how to resolve them.
Gold Coast and Brisbane through TAFE
- Children's cakes, novelty cakes
- Colour and its uses
- Tube work
- Borders, base and side decorations
- Simple embroidery and cornelli work
- Simple inscriptions
- Tube flowers and arrangement
- Sugar moulding and applications
- Piping jelly and rice paper painting
- Crimping and ribbon insertion
- Simple flood work
- Simple pictures in paste
- Basic frills i.e. Garret
- Marzipan modelling, fruit and animals
NACC ABC Cake Decorating Part 2. The Intermediate and Advanced Sugar Art Course includes advanced icing recipes, many problems that are encountered and how to resolve them.
- Preparation of pans, baking, cutting and wrapping.
- Coating a cake or a dummy with royal icing and fondant.
- Tube work
- Hollow stem work
- Line work
- Lace and Filigree work
- Oriental string work
- Bridge and extension work
- Advanced embroidery
- Brush and Anglaise work
- Scroll work
- Paste ribbon, frills, drapes and bows
- Clay gun work
- Flood work advanced and 3D collars
- Molded flowers
- Leaves and many more varieties of flowers
- Arranging of molded flowers in a spray-formation, both wired and unwired.
Death by Chocolate
Gold Coast Region
Our very popular Chocolate Course includes:
- Chocolate history and types of chocolate
- Working Couveture chocolate
- Tempering Couveture chocolate
- Making chocolate paste
- Making chocolate flowers, leaves and sprays
- Making chocolate collars
- Making and assembling gateaux
- Making chocolate curls
- Working with chocolate transfers and 3D
- Making chocolate decorations and more ...